General information about Google Cloud
The Google Cloud platform offers comprehensive and diversified cloud-based services. It brings together storage, security, networking, big data, machine learning and application development solutions all in one place.
This means your startup can access IT resources remotely and on-demand, according to your specific needs. With its intuitive ergonomics, Google Cloud’s platform enables you to achieve your goals and realize your projects under optimum conditions. Thanks to these modular, cloud-based services, your team can create everything your business needs, from websites to sophisticated applications.
This software tool offers you 7 types of cloud computing solutions:
- Compute: Create and run customized virtual machines, deploy and scale containers, etc.;
- Storage: Store all types of data to support your company’s growth, etc.;
- AI and machine learning: Create generative AI applications, improve your customer service with virtual agents, etc.;
- Database: Reduce maintenance costs with MySQL, PostgreSQL and SQL Server databases, etc,;
- Data analysis: Run large-scale analyses, integrate, process and analyze event streams, etc.;
- Networking: Protect your applications and websites, distribute web and video content, etc.;
- Tools for developers: Create applications, test software, etc.
Whether your company operates in the FMCG, public sector, technology or financial services sectors, the functionalities offered by the Google Cloud Platform enable you to optimize your processes. You’ll reduce your infrastructure costs and gain in performance.
You can test Google Cloud at the best price, thanks to Secret’s promotional deal.
Secret's take about Google Cloud
Google is always there for us 🤟Whether it’s to research very important information or to just keep us entertained (I suggest typing “do a barrel roll” into the search engine and you’ll see what I mean 😉)
Google Cloud provides a suite of public cloud computing services for you to transform your startup 🏆 Build, deploy, and scale your application or website with the help of Google’s computing, storage, machine learning, IoT, and many other cloud products👏
Google Cloud’s Startup program gives you the support you need to get started and grow your business 💪 Credits, training, technical support, networking and discounts are all available for you to start scaling your startup 📈
Google Cloud’s pay-as-you-go pricing means you only pay for the services you need and use👌 Not only are there $2,000 in credits available but new customers get $300 in free credits to start running their workloads and more than 20 free products to use 👀
Alternatives to Google Cloud include Amazon Web Services, IBM Cloud, Microsoft Azure, Oracle Cloud, Alibaba Cloud, and so many more! 🤩- More alternatives to Google Cloud
Customer Success Manager
$2,000 in credits for 2 years for startups
Unlock our Google Cloud deal and access $2,000 in credits for 2 years for startups, saving you up to $2000 for your startup. There are over 310+ verified deals and discounts for you to save money on the best SaaS software and apps for your small business to grow. Don't waste time, take advantage of our promotions now thanks to our Google Cloud promo codes, coupons and credits valid in December 2023.
$350 in credits for all businesses
Unlock our Google Cloud deal and access $350 in credits for all businesses, saving you up to $350 for your startup. There are over 310+ verified deals and discounts for you to save money on the best SaaS software and apps for your small business to grow. Don't waste time, take advantage of our promotions now thanks to our Google Cloud promo codes, coupons and credits valid in December 2023.
What is Google Cloud used for?Google Cloud Platform is a versatile tool that can revolutionize the way small businesses operate. It provides a one-stop solution for all your IT needs, from data storage to application development. For instance, you can use its Compute feature to run customized virtual machines, aiding in efficient project management. The AI and machine learning capabilities can help improve customer service with virtual agents. Its data analysis feature can help you make informed business decisions by processing and analyzing large-scale data. By using Google Cloud, small businesses can significantly reduce infrastructure costs while improving performance, making it an ideal solution for startups looking to optimize their processes.
Google Cloud's Startup Program - FAQ
How will I know if I am approved for Google for Startups Cloud Program?
Once you are a Secret member, you can apply for free to Google for Startups Cloud Program on Secret. You’ll be invited to answer a few questions so we can make sure you meet the eligibility criteria of the startup program. Once your application is approved - usually within a few hours - you can then follow the instructions to activate Google Cloud’s offer.
What are the eligibility criteria for Google for Startups Cloud Program?
You must meet the following criteria in order to benefit from Google Cloud :
This offer is available to tech startups has a live website and is less than 10 years old.
What are the benefits of joining Google for Startups Cloud Program?
There are several benefits of joining Google Cloud Startups’ Program:
1. Cloud credits: Startups in the program receive significant cloud credits that can be used towards Google Cloud services. These credits help startups offset their infrastructure costs and access powerful tools to scale their businesses. Pre-seed startups are eligible for up to $2,000 in credits for 2 years (Start tier). Seed to series A startups are eligible for up to $200k in credits per year for 2 years (Scale tier).
2. Technical support: Google for Startups Cloud Program offers technical support to startups, providing guidance and assistance in leveraging Google Cloud services effectively. This support helps startups optimize their infrastructure and troubleshoot any issues they may encounter.
3. Mentorship and training: Startups in the program have the opportunity to receive mentorship and training from Google's experts. This includes guidance on cloud architecture, technology best practices, and business growth strategies.
4. Networking and community: Startups in the program gain access to a network of fellow founders, industry experts, and potential investors through Google for Startups community events and initiatives. This allows startups to connect, collaborate, and learn from other entrepreneurs in the program.
5. Marketing and visibility: Google for Startups Cloud Program provides startups with exposure through various marketing initiatives, including featuring them on Google Cloud's website, blog, and social media channels. This increased visibility can help startups attract customers, partners, and investors.
6. Access to Google tools and resources: Startups in the program have access to a range of Google tools and resources, such as Google Cloud's suite of products, machine learning APIs, BigQuery data warehouse, and more. These resources enable startups to leverage advanced technologies and scale their businesses faster.
7. Product offerings and discounts: Startups in the program may also receive access to exclusive product offerings and discounts from Google and its partners. This can include discounts on additional cloud services, training programs, and other tools that can benefit startups.
8. Global reach and expansion opportunities: Google for Startups Cloud Program provides startups with opportunities to expand their businesses globally. Through Google's worldwide network, startups can access new markets, reach international customers, and explore partnerships and collaborations with companies across the globe.
Overall, joining Google for Startups Cloud Program provides startups with access to resources, support, and opportunities that can help them leverage the power of Google Cloud and accelerate their growth.
Google Cloud features
Google Cloud offers virtual machines (VMs) on demand through its Compute Engine service. Users can create and customize VMs to run their applications, websites, and services. Google Cloud's infrastructure is known for its reliability, scalability, and performance.
Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE)
GKE is a managed Kubernetes service that simplifies container orchestration. It allows users to deploy, manage, and scale containerized applications using Google's Kubernetes platform.
Google Cloud provides various storage options, including Cloud Storage for object storage, Cloud SQL for managed relational databases, and Cloud Bigtable for NoSQL databases. These storage solutions are highly scalable, durable, and reliable.
Big Data and analytics
Google Cloud offers a suite of big data and analytics tools, including BigQuery for data warehousing and analytics, Dataflow for stream and batch data processing, and Dataprep for data preparation and cleansing.
Machine learning and AI
Google Cloud's machine learning and AI services, such as AutoML, AI Platform, and TensorFlow, enable businesses to build, train, and deploy machine learning models for a wide range of applications, from natural language processing to image recognition.
Google Cloud offers serverless computing options, such as Cloud Functions and Cloud Run, which allow developers to build and deploy applications without managing infrastructure. These services automatically scale to handle traffic and offer cost savings.
Networking and content delivery
Google Cloud's global network infrastructure provides high-speed, low-latency connectivity. It includes services like Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Cloud Load Balancing, and Content Delivery Network (CDN) for efficient content delivery.
Security and identity
Google Cloud offers robust security features, including Identity and Access Management (IAM) for controlling access to resources, encryption at rest and in transit, and DDoS protection. It also provides tools like Cloud Security Command Center for monitoring and threat detection.
Google Cloud: Pros & Cons
Scalable solution: Google Cloud adapts perfectly to the changing needs of a company
Data security: The security level of the platform is high
Transparent pricing: The pay-per-use option is relevant to optimize costs
Learning curve: The platform has a steep learning curve
Limited outside the Google ecosystem: There is a lot of work for developers to work with tools outside the ecosystem
Some limitations: TLS certificates and custom domain mapping are limited
Why is Google Cloud better than other Cloud Computing software?
Google Cloud has better positive reviews than IBM Cloud: 96 vs 92
Google Cloud is better at customer support than IBM Cloud: 4.5 vs 4.0
Google Cloud has more positive reviews than DigitalOcean: 96 vs 86
Google Cloud has more features than DigitalOcean: 102 vs 8
Google Cloud has better positive reviews compared to AWS Activate: 96 vs 85
Google Cloud pricing plans are more competitive than AWS Activate: 4.5 vs 4.4
Google Cloud has better positive reviews than Google Workspace: 96 vs 95
Google Cloud has better positive reviews than OVHcloud: 96 vs 77